Dear Parents / Guardians,
Everyone has a part to play in ensuring the safety and well-being of our students.
Please DO NOT send your child to class if…
- You and/or your family have travelled to China during the Chinese New Year period. You are highly encouraged to stay away for a period of two weeks starting from the day you arrive in Singapore. See MOH’s advisory (Appendix A).
- You and/or family is unwell even though you have not travelled to China. Ensure your child is fully recovered before sending him/her back to class.
Please see a doctor immediately if you feel unwell and/or display symptoms such as cough, fever or runny nose.
We will arrange for replacement lessons for the lessons missed.
If you have not travelled and are not ill but you would like to keep your child at home as an extra precaution during this time, we understand and can arrange replacement lessons for you as well.
Appendix A – Advisory from the Ministry of Health (MOH)
- All travellers to China should monitor their health closely for two weeks upon return to Singapore and seek medical attention promptly if you feel unwell, and also inform their doctor of their travel history. If they have a fever or respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, runny nose), they should wear a mask and call the clinic ahead of the visit.
- Avoid crowded places and close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness;
- Observe good personal hygiene;
- Practise frequent hand washing with soap (e.g. before handling food or eating, after going to toilet, or when hands are dirtied by respiratory secretions after coughing or sneezing);
- Wear a mask if you have respiratory symptoms such as a cough or runny nose;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue paper when coughing or sneezing, and dispose the soiled tissue paper in the rubbish bin immediately; and
- Seek medical attention promptly if you are feeling unwell.